CONTINUOUS HEAVY RAIN MAY AFFECT COUNTRY’S COLD-CHAIN SYSTEM

An example of a Cold-Chain system. Photo credit: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca

An example of a Cold-Chain system. Photo credit: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca

The National Medical Store says continuous rainfall may affect the country’s cold-chain system.

Cold-change is a system which involves proper care and storage of vaccines from manufacturer to hospitals and clinics in the country.

It ensures that vaccines maintain their strength before they can be used on patients, especially children.

Manager of the National Medical Store William Horoto told SIBC News 80% of refrigerator for vaccines storage are used by gas while the remaining 20 percent are solar powered.

Mr Horoto said the continuous rainfall may affect the cold-chain system which will reduce the strength of vaccines from the required standard.

He said it is advisable that all vaccines are kept safe in local clinics during the bad weather.

Follow SIBC
Get every new post delivered to your inbox

Join other followers

Powered By WPFruits.com
error: Content is protected !!