Full-Time Operations Manager – PNG
OPERATIONS MANAGER PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Resources & Investment Finance Limited (RIFL) is a PNG owned company specialising in asset finance for business purposes. RIFL is a licensed Financial Institution with the Bank of Papua New Guinea.
We are seeking an experienced professional to undertake the role of Operations Manager PNG, based in Port Moresby. Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the day to day operations of the business including New Business, Collections, Credit, Sales Support and Training.
- Liaise directly with clients when required, particularly in the areas of Collections & Sales.
- Plan the use of human resources. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Assist sales and marketing activities.
- Review and assess all new business applications for approval and/or recommendation based of your Delegated Lending Authority (DLA).
- Establish training plans for all personnel under your management. Schedule and conduct training sessions (including cross training of all staff) and one on one meetings.
- Establish and implement staff KPI’s. These are measureable as they form a critical component of quarterly staff evaluations and yearly bonuses.
- Ongoing review, amendment and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provide monthly reports and assist in the preparation of business plans.
- Decision making. Previous delegated lending authorities with at least 5 years’ experience, preferable.
- Communication skills.
- Motivating and leading.
- Conflict management.
- Finance industry operations experience.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Knowledge of asset finance products (Chattel Mortgage, Leasing and Rental).
- Advanced financial analysis skills (applications > K1m).
- Hands on collections, repossession and loss recovery experience.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practises.
- General knowledge of human resource principles and practises.
- Information technology competencies.
- Past working experience in PNG would be well considered.
This is a “hands on” role; you will manage the operations of the business. If you do not have the attributes listed above you will not succeed. Training and development of staff is particularly important. The position is full time residential and as such provides for a generous remuneration including accommodation allowance, motor vehicle and other great benefits.
The role is open to all qualified individuals and is not restricted to PNG citizens.