OVERALL AIM OF WORLD TB DAY 2015 IS AWARENESS: NOEL ITOGO

Solomon Islands National TB Coordinator, Noel Itogo. Photo credit: SIBC.

Solomon Islands National TB Coordinator, Noel Itogo. Photo credit: SIBC.

Solomon Islands National TB Coordinator, Noel Itogo says the overall aim of the World TB Day 2015 Campaign Day is to raise awareness to the Public.

Mr Itogo was presenting his speech to mark the World TB Day 2015 today.

He says today is a day to raise public awareness about TB.

“The overall aim of this World TB Day 2015 campaign is to raise awareness of the public about TB, it’s curable character, the availability of TB services are symptoms that should trigger healthcare seeking to fight stigma and to engage all stakeholders and community representatives, members, leaders through social mobilisation.”

Mr Itogo adds 30 percent of TB cases are yet to get treated for TB, saying every year more than 350 TB cases are treated in Solomon Islands which is equivalent to 70 percent.

“Every year we treated more than 350 TB cases, which is about 70 percent of our estimated TB cases. We need to find the other 30 percent.”

This year’s World TB Day theme is, “Reach the Unreached- Reach. Treat. Cure Everyone.”

Follow SIBC
Get every new post delivered to your inbox

Join other followers

Powered By WPFruits.com
error: Content is protected !!