The Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation is looking for suitably qualified persons with the following qualities to fill several vacancies now available in our newsroom, programs and presentation, engineering and our library departments
- A Senior Journalist with a university degree and at least five years successful experience in an active newsroom who can perform sub-editing tasks in addition to interviewing subjects, researching for news, news writing and loading the news daily onto the website. SIBC will offer a competitive package for someone with the range of skills and language capabilities required.
- A graduate Journalist or Economist or a confident graduate in other studies with good grades in English who can learn on the job from senior journalists. As staff in this position also produce current affairs programs, the successful candidate will pass reading (voice) tests administered by senior staff.
- A technical person with IT experience and good writing skills who can perform as Library Technician to digitize, categorize, label and store music and other material.
- Two young graduate to train as a Program Producer who is willing to learn how to develop interesting and attractive programs about different aspects of culture and community. As staff in this position are also Presenters, the successful candidate will pass reading (voice) and writing tests administered by senior staff.
- An IT graduate with good English to assist the Senior IT person supporting staff and also attending daily to the website sibconline.com.sb . Experience is necessary.
Most news and programs staff are called upon to tour village communities regularly and some will be posted to provincial FM stations being rolled out in the next few years. These are exciting jobs.
SIBC has a gender equity policy. Females are encouraged to apply.
Those interested can contact SIBC Administration officer, Edith Maitani at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her at 20051 if you are interested and would like to receive the Job Descriptions and other information.
Closing date is 7th Oct 2016.