Police commissioner Matthew Varley refuted claims that there were loss of lives during the rioting events on Wednesday.
This was also in response to claims that a civilian died on Wednesday night as a result of the rioting, which was mainly circulated through social media.
Mr. Varley said police had made extensive enquires and have concluded that those claims were unsubstantiated.
He said there were a number of people from different age groups being held in custody and police are calling on people to stay away from causing further trouble in the city.
“The current situation is calm and peaceful, and is under control,” he said.
“If individuals and isolated groups continue or intend to cause future disturbances , my message is very clear, the police are ready to deal with them , we have alot of police on duty, and where are not taking the foot of the pedal.”
Mr. Varley added, the liquor ban dates had been extended and the Honiara Central Market is expected to be opened tomorrow.